How to Discover Audience Insights in Real-Time with AI
Codec uses AI to analyze millions of content interactions, then offer you insights into your target audiences.
That includes real-time information like using clustering to understand and segment online communities, as well as group the different types of personalities within an online community.
Marketers have real-world insights to inform and improve their content marketing.
We caught up with Martin Adams, CEO of Codec, to learn more about how this AI-powered solution works.
1. In a single sentence or statement, describe Codec.
The world's leading brands utilize Codec's contextual data and artificial intelligence platform to identify and understand niche audience networks that represent high opportunities for audience and brand growth.
2. How does Codec use artificial intelligence (i.e. machine learning, natural language generation, natural language processing, deep learning, etc.)?
Codec uses machine learning to differentiate organic vs. brand/spam Twitter profiles, we use clustering to understand and segment online communities, to classify images into groups, and to cluster the different types of personalities within a community.
3. What are the primary use cases of Codec for marketers?
Our solution is currently used for audience identification and enriching target audience segmentation to create more effective content marketing.
4. Who are your ideal customers in terms of company sizes and industries?
L'Oreal, Unilever, P&G, Lego, Nike. Any company operating at a global scale with employee count of 10,000 or more.
5. What makes your company different than competing or traditional solutions?
Our competitive advantages are that our insights are based on real insights rather than answers to a questionnaire, and we are able to gather real-time data and turn it around fast.
6. What do you see as the future potential of artificial intelligence in marketing?
We believe AI and machine learning provide insights for marketing and sales that are based on data sets that a human would take too long to sift through and AI means that the insights are immediately actionable.
7. What do you see as the limitations of artificial intelligence as it exists today?
Public perception of AI is the limitation of AI as it exists today. We need to overcome the perception of AI systems as "robot overlords."
8. Any other thoughts on AI in marketing, or advice for marketers who are just starting to explore the possibilities of AI?
The classic line of "don't be afraid to fail" is super important for anyone venturing into AI in marketing. We have continuously innovated our solution and offering from listening to our customers and this has resulted in some innovations that maybe didn't work as intended. However, we nonetheless incorporated the learnings, both good and bad, into our solution and shared them amongst our team.
About Paul Roetzer
Paul Roetzer (@paulroetzer) is founder and CEO of PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Performance Blueprint and The Marketing Agency Blueprint, and creator of The Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute and Marketing Score. Full bio.