Do you want to optimize every part of your ad campaigns to get maximum ROI?
Then you should take a look at BLKBOX.
BLKBOX is an AI tool that optimizes every stage of your ad campaigns, from creative evaluation, budget optimization, and reporting without human intervention.
The result? Every dollar you spend on ads gets the best ROI possible.
We spoke with Jay Shah, CTO at BLKBOX to learn more about this AI-powered marketing solution.
In a single sentence, describe BLKBOX.
Your personalized marketing assistant based on AI.
How does BLKBOX use AI?
Our end-to-end marketing automation is completely based on AI and is able to help with pre-flight (data analysis, creative evaluation), mid-flight (bid and budget optimization, targeting modification, creative rotation) and post-flight (campaign analysis and reporting) campaign management without any human intervention.
We have $20M worth of ad spend through the platform in the last 18 months.
What are the primary marketing use cases for your AI-powered tech?
Analyzing and optimizing your marketing dollars to make sure each dollar that is spent has the best ROI.
Our platform currently caters towards medium and enterprise clients who have a product and want to advertise on any of the digital platforms.
What makes your AI-powered solution smarter than traditional approaches and products?
At a high level, we want to deploy this technology so that people can focus on the strategy as compared to redundant actions.
A couple of things that we help with:
- Reducing repeated manual efforts that a media buyer has to go through—from six hours per day to less than 10 minutes
- Removing the bias and error that comes with a human operating it (this is completely based on data—and also, the algorithms do not take holidays on weekends)
- Analyzing millions of historical data points across years to identify patterns and come up with the best pockets of opportunity
Are there any minimum requirements for marketers to get value out of your solution?
This is the best part: because we are driven by algorithms, we do not have any retainer fees or minimum ad spend commitment. You can try us for any amount.
Who are your ideal customers in terms of company size and industries?
Gaming and e-commerce companies optimizing towards lower funnel conversions.
What do you see as the limitations of AI as it exists today?
- Education: People are not able to trust the AI and it is difficult for them to let it run autonomously.
- Curse of the unknown: Given AI relies on patterns, it needs some hand-holding during uncertain times.
- Blackbox: Given the advancement of neural networks and other cutting AI technologies, it's difficult to explain why the system is preferring to take a particular action.
What do you see as the future potential of AI in marketing?
AI is the future in marketing. We are lagging a few years behind to the wealth management industry where the robo advisors started with suggestions and are now managing a majority part of people's wealth.
We want BLKBOX to be the same for the marketing industry.
Any other thoughts on AI in marketing, or advice for marketers who are just getting started with AI?
For marketers that are new with AI, there is a lot of things to unlearn (especially when they have been used to manual changes throughout their career).
Due to the same, we also try to provide reasoning behind why each action was taken so that marketers can get more comfortable with the decisions and are not flying blind.
Paul Roetzer is founder and CEO of Marketing AI Institute. He is the author of Marketing Artificial Intelligence (Matt Holt Books, 2022) The Marketing Performance Blueprint (Wiley, 2014) and The Marketing Agency Blueprint (Wiley, 2012); and creator of the Marketing AI Conference (MAICON).