Machine Learning Made Easy for Marketers with Amazon Personalize
Your brand now has the power to build personalization and recommendation engines using the same platform as Amazon.com—with no machine-learning experience required.
Amazon offers Amazon Personalize, which uses Amazon's machine learning technology to make it easy to develop an application and/or custom model that can:
- Create a completely personalized experience with customer data.
- Serve up custom content recommendations with your own personalized recommendation engine and machine learning model.
- Individualize search results and item recommendations for a truly unique customer experience.
- Run personalized marketing promotions based on behavioral data.
According to Amazon, "Amazon Personalize reduces the time to build a custom (machine learning) model from months to days. When using Amazon Personalize, customers provide the service an activity stream from an application (e.g. page views, signups, or purchases) along with an inventory of the items to recommend (e.g. music, videos, products, or news articles), and receive recommendations via an API."
What Is Amazon Personalize?
Amazon Personalize is a machine learning service that makes it easy for developers to create individualized recommendations for customers using their applications, even if you don't have a data scientist on staff.
What Are the Benefits?
Amazon highlights four key benefits:
- Create high-quality recommendations and product recommendations.
- Personalization for every touchpoint along the user journey.
- Own the moment with real-time personalized recommendations.
- Deliver personalization within days, not months.
How Much Does Amazon Personalize Cost?
Amazon Personalize touts a pay-for-use model that results in personalized pricing for customers. There are no minimum fees or upfront commitments, and customers are charged based data processing and storage, compute hours to train the models and the number of recommendations performed.
You are charged per gigabyte of data uploaded to Amazon Personalize.
You are also charged for the training hours used to train machine learning models with the tool.
AWS Personalize has a free trial, where you receive up to 20 gigabytes per month of data storage, up to 100 training hours per month, and up to 50 TPS hours of real-time recommendations per month.
A free trial is available.
How Can You Learn More about Amazon Personalize?
Visit the Amazon Personalize website for more information.
About Paul Roetzer
Paul Roetzer (@paulroetzer) is founder and CEO of PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Performance Blueprint and The Marketing Agency Blueprint, and creator of The Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute and Marketing Score. Full bio.