A voice marketing strategy helps you reach consumers across voice search and voice assistants.
Read on to learn how to develop a voice marketing strategy for your business.
The Four Phases of Voice Marketing Strategy
There are four main phases to complete when building your voice marketing strategy.
You must set goals for each phase and determine the activities and deliverables associated with each of them.
- Discover. Becoming more customer centric will allow you to provide consistent content that resonates with your users. Before designing the voice experience, you need to discover your audience’s needs and in order to develop the goals required to fulfill them. Learn to develop a voice-only design and then focus on additions later on.
- Design and develop. This phase enables conversation designers and developers to collaborate. You will focus on building scalable skills and structures that align with your brand, while mapping out the gaps and traps within your voice design. This is when you take what you’ve learned from the discover phase and create a plan that lays out how to execute your goals.
- Launch and promote. Your voice tool is now ready to go, but if your audience does not know about your new tool, it won’t be used. In phase three, you will need to develop a promotional plan to make your new voice tool known. In addition, many people may not be educated on voice technology. Therefore, your plan should contain helpful information to let the audience know exactly what your voice tool and/or content can do for them and why they should get it.
- Analysis and iteration. As with any campaign, it is vital to measure the effectiveness of your tool. Make sure you are able to measure how people use your tool when. Study your performance reports and make improvements where deemed necessary. In fact, it can be beneficial to study the effects of your promotional campaigns as well.
How to Execute a Voice Marketing Strategy
AI Academy for Marketers is our members-only online education platform and community. The Academy features dozens of on-demand courses and certifications taught by leading AI and marketing experts.
The 25+ courses available in AI Academy are complemented by additional exclusive content, including:
- Live monthly Ask Me Anything sessions with instructors.
- The Answering AI series of quick-take videos that provides simple answers to common AI questions.
- Keynote presentations from the Marketing AI Conference (MAICON).
- AI Tech Showcase product demos from leading AI-powered vendors.
Individual and team licenses are available. Discounts are offered for students, educators and nonprofits.
Learn more by clicking the button below.
Bethany is an intern for Ready North and Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute. She is a student at Mount Union.