Here’s a question for you:
How great would your next performance review go if you could show 3X ROI on your latest marketing efforts?
That’s exactly what a group of major entertainment brands was able to achieve by using artificial intelligence.
The companies in question are a conglomerate of entertainment brands including hotels, venues, shows, and destinations.
Like any entertainment brand, most rely on content generated by creators on social media to drive impressions, boost engagement, and increase revenue.
Unlike many other entertainment brands, however, these brands built a smarter marketing engine using artificial intelligence from RAD AI.
Using the power of machine learning, RAD AI helped this entertainment brand target content specifically to its audience’s needs at scale. In the process, the company achieved the following across its portfolio of entertainment businesses:
- +197% lift in engagement rate across content using AI.
- 6.8 million impressions and 754,000 engagements powered by AI.
- 397 pieces of AI-powered content created.
I caught up with Jeremy Barnett, CEO of RAD AI, to learn more about how entertainment companies can benefit from AI.
How can entertainment companies benefit from AI?
In the case of our work at RAD AI, there are several ways we use AI to help companies in the entertainment space:
- Create highly impactful pre-campaign insights and persona-level analysis based on over 600 data sources and 10 years of historical data.
- Identify the topics and interests an entertainment’s micro-communities care most about.
- Perform text, image, and video-based analysis to improve performance.
- Optimize distribution across the marketing mix when content goes live.
- Continually improve campaign performance by giving the AI platform feedback from each campaign and channel.
Why should entertainment companies even consider AI? What’s broken with how they do marketing today?
Most campaigns being run in the industry today use biased opinions on what type of creative should be created and why. It’s a guessing game as to why people engage with creators and what topics create the most engagement.
Think about all the places a brand touches a customer: Creators, blogs, emails, webpages, and hundreds of other channels and assets. Each of these interactions generates data about the customer’s preferences. Yet we often lack the ability to unlock this data to drive performance.
AI fundamentally changes the game. It is able to analyze this data at scale and provide accurate predictions of what audiences will like best—based on their actual behavior and preferences, not someone’s opinion.
In this particular case study, how did RAD AI help move the needle?
The entertainment brands we work with typically have a handful of marketing objectives they are looking to achieve:
- Create awareness around a variety of entertainment experiences in North America.
- Deliver authentic content that can be repurposed across the entire marketing mix.
- Deliver guaranteed reach, engagements, and impressions.
- Use AI to analyze content and creator performance to make future decisions.
To achieve those outcomes, we used our AI platform in a number of key ways to drive a 3X return on marketing investment:
- First, we used AI to do pre-campaign analysis. Using post-level data from several platforms, including Instagram, Reddit, TikTok, and YouTube, we identify the creators who really care about topics related to each client’s event venues, shows, and hotels.
- As part of this process, our AI revealed actionable insights to inform all of the brand’s creative concepts, creator partners, personas, and overall strategy.
- Finally, this analysis allowed us to create and distribute content to the brand’s micro-communities that resonated most with each one’s particular interests and behaviors. The efficacy of each piece of content (397 pieces in total across channels) was analyzed to improve the ongoing campaign results and feed back into the overall marketing mix.
As a result, the brand crushed its ROI numbers in the span of two months.
Do you have any advice for entertainment marketers on how to achieve similar results?
The most important part of any campaign is determining your creative concepts, who they should speak to, and the justification behind that decision.
Without AI, that last part is highly problematic: Justifications for decisions are often just educated guesses. That no longer flies in the entertainment industry. If you’re an entertainment marketer, you need to be taking a serious look at AI tools. Here’s why:
Entertainment brands typically have several brands and functions that serve highly diverse micro-communities. Understanding and reaching these diverse micro-communities effectively—and in real-time—simply isn’t possible with manual labor and guesswork alone, which is why so many entertainment marketing campaigns fall flat.
However, AI is able to analyze the time-sensitive topics and interests that target audiences care about most—in real-time and at scale. It can then use this information to guide everything from creative strategy to marketing channels to the composition of the content itself.
The result is better content that produces better ROI. Not to mention, you de-risk your content and campaigns since you know that your strategy is based on real-world data, not guesswork.
Click below to learn more about RAD AI’s work in the entertainment industry.
As Chief Content Officer, Mike Kaput uses content marketing, marketing strategy, and marketing technology to grow and scale traffic, leads, and revenue for Marketing AI Institute. Mike is the co-author of Marketing Artificial Intelligence: AI, Marketing and the Future of Business (Matt Holt Books, 2022). See Mike's full bio.