17 Artificial Intelligence Courses to Take Online
There are a ton of ways to get started learning about artificial intelligence thanks to massive open online courses (MOOCs). You may have heard of popular MOOC providers like Udemy, Coursera, and edX.
These providers offer some courses on artificial intelligence that go much deeper on the subject than your average article or video. In fact, some are part-time courses of study that require several hours per week to complete. These courses are often taught by top AI researchers or experts, but cost far less than a typical university course.
If you’re interested in going deeper on AI, online courses are a fantastic place to start. To accelerate your learning, we’ve rounded up some top courses we’ve found on various sites. Where possible, we’ve sorted courses by most reviews or best reviewed to provide you with the best options possible.
Note: All prices, ratings and details listed are designed to make browsing this list easier, but may have changed since writing. Please make sure to click through and review each course's most current details.
HubSpot Academy's Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Marketing
This course from HubSpot Academy offers an intro to AI and machine learning and teaches you how to distinguish each one. It also teaches you how to apply them in your marketing. Oh, and it'll show you how to start piloting AI.
Overall, the course is four full lessons with 15 videos. Access it below.
AI For Everyone
Andrew Ng is co-founder of Coursera, adjunct professor of Computer Science at Stanford University, and formerly chief scientist at Baidu and the founding lead of Google Brain.
His new, non-technical course, AI for Everyone, aims to teach students about the language of AI, how to drive AI adoption, and AI's potential impact on society. On Coursera course description reads: "If you want your organization to become better at using AI, this is the course to tell everyone--especially your non-technical colleagues--to take."
- AI For Everyone (Avg. Rating: 4.8 Stars; Price: Content is FREE; Certificate is Not)
Udemy Courses on Artificial Intelligence — Most Reviewed
We filtered courses on Udemy, a popular online education site, by how often they were reviewed—and selected courses with great reviews.
Some of these courses appear highly technical, so we’ve divided the picks into those “For Non-Technical Marketers” and “For Marketers Who Can Code.”
For Non-Technical Marketers:
- Artificial Intelligence A-Z: Learn How to Build an AI (Avg. Rating: 4.3 Stars; Price: $199.99)
For Marketers Who Can Code:
- Deep Learning A-Z: Hands-On Artificial Neural Networks (Avg. Rating: 4.5 Stars; Price: $199.99)
- Deep Learning Prerequisites: The Numpy Stack in Python (Avg. Rating: 4.6 Stars; Price: FREE)
- Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python (Avg. Rating: 4.5 Stars; Price: $179.99)
Coursera Courses on Artificial Intelligence — Top Rated
Coursera offers multi-part courses that allow you to go deep on artificial intelligence topics over several weeks. We grabbed the top-rated courses as listed by the site:
- Machine Learning (Avg. Rating: 4.9 Stars; Price: Content is FREE; Certificate is Not)
- Algorithms, Part 1 (Avg. Rating: 4.9 Stars; Price: FREE)
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning (Avg. Rating: 4.9 Stars; Price: FREE with 7-Day Trial)
- Structuring Machine Learning Projects (Avg. Rating: 4.8 Stars; Price: FREE with 7-Day Trial)
- Machine Learning Foundations: A Case Study Approach (Avg. Rating: 4.9 Stars; Price: FREE with 7-Day Trial)
- Deep Learning for Business (Avg. Rating: 4.4 Stars; Price: Content is FREE; Certificate is Not)
EdX Courses on Artificial Intelligence
EdX courses are offered by accredited universities and often come with the option to receive a verified certificate or credential from the university for an extra fee. Top AI courses available on EdX include:
- Artificial Intelligence at Columbia University (Price: Content is FREE; Certificate Is $249)
- Machine Learning at Columbia University (Price: Content is FREE; Certificate Is $249)
- Machine Learning at Georgia Tech (Price: Content is FREE; Certificate Is $99)
Artificial Intelligence Courses on Udacity
Online course provider Udacity offers one-off courses and more extensive “nanodegrees” that comprise a larger course of study, usually in conjunction with companies. Some one-off courses are also offered in partnership with universities. We collected some of the top results from the site:
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence (Price: FREE)
- Knowledge-Based AI: Cognitive Systems by Georgia Tech (Price: FREE)
About Mike Kaput
Mike Kaput is the Director of Marketing AI Institute and a senior consultant at PR 20/20. He writes and speaks about how marketers can understand, adopt, and pilot artificial intelligence to increase revenue and reduce costs. Full bio.