7 Things Every Marketer Should Know About Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) may seem abstract, and even a bit overwhelming, but its potential to drive costs down and revenue up in your business are very real.
There are hundreds of AI-powered tools you can start exploring today that can intelligently automate (to some degree) traditionally manual, time-intensive tasks.
Here are seven things you should know about AI:
1. AI enhances human knowledge and capabilities. The future is marketer + machine.
Photo by Alex Knight on Unsplash.
2. AI solves problems and achieves goals more efficiently than traditional marketing technology.
Photo by chiefmartec.
3. Success with AI requires data, intensive machine training (by humans) and ongoing experimentation.
Markus Spiske on Unsplash.
4. AI gives marketers and brands superpowers, which can be used for good or for evil.
Photo by Zhen Hu on Unsplash.
5. AI has the potential to make brands more human.
(Photo of my son, Balen)
6. AI adoption in marketing is still very early.
Photo by Jurgen Appelo on Flickr.
7. AI can be your competitive advantage.
Photo by Felix Mittermeier on Unsplash.
How Do You Get Started?
You have a choice. You can sit back and wait for the marketing world to get smarter and change around you, or you can embrace AI now and be proactive in creating a competitive advantage for yourself and your company.
If you choose to take action, I hope you’ll join us July 16 - 18, 2019 in Cleveland, Ohio for the Marketing AI Conference (MAICON).
MAICON features 60+ speakers and 40+ sessions—all developed to help marketers understand, pilot and successfully scale AI. (See the full agenda).
About Paul Roetzer
Paul Roetzer (@paulroetzer) is founder and CEO of PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Performance Blueprint and The Marketing Agency Blueprint, and creator of The Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute and Marketing Score. Full bio.