What use cases are there for AI in social media?
The sheer scope of what AI can do for your digital marketing across every social media network might surprise you.
Because, today, AI tools exist that can create and manage social media activities, as well as drive strategy and brand awareness with AI-powered insights.
Social is so important for the distribution of marketing messages, that we had to dive into top use cases and learn more about what's possible.
The result is the list of use cases for AI in social media below.
We've organized it by broad use case, then bulleted out specific tasks you can start doing-today-with AI if you're a social media marketer.
Accompanying each bullet are a couple of tools we've discovered that do each task. We'll update the list periodically as we discover new social media use cases for artificial intelligence.
Social Creation and Management Use Cases
AI and intelligent automation can help you produce sharable content for social media and then manage the distribution of that content.
- Create social media posts faster. Tools like Lately use historical social media data to learn what works and what to post next, then help you produce social media posts at scale.
- Develop the right messages for each platform. Persado uses AI to automatically develop creative and messaging in your brand voice across platforms, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Save time managing social. Socialbakers is an AI-powered social media platform that helps companies save time managing social, by using machine power to augment influencer discovery, audience analysis, and channel management.
- Prioritize social conversations to respond to. Buffer offers a number of social media publishing tools that automate some of the legwork that goes into managing social media. Buffer’s engagement features leverage machine learning and sentiment analysis to prioritize conversations.
- Suggest replies to Twitter messages. SproutSocial is a social media platform that leverages AI and machine learning to create more intelligent automation online. As part of its Twitter automation features, SproutSocial uses text analytics to suggest replies to incoming Twitter messages. It will read a tweet, then suggest a response, which you can then post with a couple clicks.
Social Media Analytics Use Cases
A number of AI-powered tools exist to deliver insights from your brand's social media content, profiles and audience.
- Measure brand and trends across social. Linkfluence is a social media analytics tool that uses AI-powered social media intelligence to help companies measure and improve brand equity, detect consumer trends, and understand target audiences across Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Determine what to post for maximum effect. Cortex analyzes social media data to tell you which social media posts and the posts of other companies to recommend what to post, how often to post, and what creative will be most effective.
Social Media Advertising Use Cases
Artificial intelligence tools exist today that will actually write social media ads for you. The ads are optimized for clicks and conversions, thanks to AI's ability to predict at scale which language will improve results.
- Write Facebook and Instagram ads. An AI-powered tool like Phrasee will actually use sophisticated machine learning to write Facebook and Instagram short-form ad copy for you.
- Manage and improve social media advertising. WordStream is a platform powered by machine learning that analyzes PPC social media data across Facebook and Instagram, then offers recommendations to improve performance based on data.
Want to Learn More About AI for Social Media?
A great place to start is this podcast with Marketing AI Institute founder Paul Roetzer and Social Media Examiner's Michael Stelzner.
You'll learn a host of practical applications of AI in marketing, including ones that impact your social media marketing.
How to Get Started with AI for Social Media
If you're a social media marketer, chances are that AI can help you increase revenue and reduce costs. That means now is the time to get started with AI, no matter your skill or comfort level.
To do so means you build a potentially insurmountable competitive advantage. To delay means you risk getting left behind.
Good news, though:
There's a way to accelerate AI adoption in your career and your company.
Access our free Ultimate Beginner's Guide to AI in Marketing.
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to AI in Marketing is a free resource with 100+ articles, videos, courses, books, vendors, use cases, and events to dramatically accelerate your AI education. It's based on the years we spent on research and experimentation-and you can access this knowledge in a fraction of the time.