Use Cases for AI in Content Marketing
What use cases are there for artificial intelligence in content marketing?
According to our research, quite a few.
Marketing AI Institute surveyed 200+ marketers using our AI Score for Marketers assessment tool, about how valuable it would be to use AI technology to intelligently automate more than 60 common AI use cases in marketing.
Content marketing activities dominated the list of highest-rated use cases for AI in marketing.
So, we went further and looked at each use case to see what was actually possible with AI—and what tools to use for each use case.
The result is the list of use cases for AI in content marketing below. We've organized it by broad use case, then bulleted out specific tasks you can start doing—today—with AI if you're a content marketer. Accompanying each bullet are a couple of tools we've discovered that do each task. We'll update the list periodically as we discover new content marketing use cases for artificial intelligence.
Artificial intelligence and intelligent automation tools exist today that can help you create content—or create content for you. That includes:
- Create written content faster. Tools like Frase.io augment the writing process with AI-powered research support. Others, like Grammarly, use AI to help you write better and without mistakes.
- Write data-driven content automatically. Automated Insights uses intelligent automation to automatically create written narratives based on data, using templates created by humans.
- Curate content. Scoop.it uses AI to create and distribute curated content.
AI excels at helping marketers create better content strategies, backed by data.
- Do better SEO. MarketMuse and BrightEdge are tools that use the power of machine learning to offer keyword recommendations and SEO insights that help you rank content higher.
- Select better content topics. MarketMuse and HubSpot both use machine learning to better predict what additional topics people want to learn about in any given category.
- Gather market intelligence. Tools like Cobomba and Crayon are AI-powered intelligence tools that analyze online data, then surface strategic insights into what your market cares about.
- Manage content deployment. Acrolinx makes sure your content stays on brand and on strategy by using AI to manage content governance at scale across your organization.
AI was designed to make predictions, which includes predictions about what content your prospects and customers want to consume next.
- Hyper-personalize content. PathFactory uses the power of AI to analyze user behavior and predict what types of content your visitors want to read next, creating a hyper-personalized content journey for each individual.
- Offer contextual, personalized website engagement. Conversica offers content marketers AI-powered assistants that actually carry on two-way conversations with prospects and site visitors, further enriching their content journeys.
Depending on the ad platform, artificial intelligence is actually able to write short-form ads automatically—without human involvement.
- Write ad copy for Facebook, Instagram, and SMS. Phrasee uses deep learning to write ad copy for Facebook, Instagram, and SMS that is optimized for more clicks and, thus, more revenue.
Email Subject Lines
AI isn't just a pro ad copywriter. It can also write email subject lines at scale.
- Write email subject lines. Phrasee also works its magic on email subject lines, with AI-powered email subject lines that get more opens than those written by humans.
If you have an email list, you might send out some type of newsletter to keep contacts informed and engaged. Turns out, AI can help with that.
- Automatically create personalized newsletters at scale. Rasa.io is the tool you want if you send out newsletters. The company's AI automatically sends personalized newsletters to each individual in your database based on their interests and behavior.
More Reads on AI for Content Marketing
To learn more about AI for content marketing, see some additional helpful reads below.
How to Get Started with AI for Content Marketing
If you're a content marketer, chances are that AI can help you increase revenue and reduce costs. That means now is the time to get started with AI, no matter your skill or comfort level.
To do so means you build a potentially insurmountable competitive advantage. To delay means you risk getting left behind.
Good news, though:
There are two ways to accelerate AI adoption in your career and your company.
The first is by accessing our free Ultimate Beginner's Guide to AI in Marketing.
The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to AI in Marketing is a free resource with 100+ articles, videos, courses, books, vendors, use cases, and events to dramatically accelerate your AI education. It's based on the years we spent on research and experimentation—and you can access this knowledge in a fraction of the time.
The second is by attending our Marketing AI Conference (MAICON).
MAICON brings together top authors, entrepreneurs, AI researchers, and executives to share case studies, strategies and technologies that make AI approachable and actionable for marketers.