Artificial intelligence is all around us. It’s used by Netflix to recommend the next show we should binge watch. Apple uses it to recognize questions and provide answers with Siri. Even UPS uses AI to calculate the optimal delivery path for its 55,00 daily routes around the world.
If we’re using AI to simplify and improve our personal lives, why aren’t more marketers using it to improve business performance?
Imagine systems that could plan out blog posts, test landing pages, and schedule social shares for you. Now imagine the time these tools could save, giving you more time to focus on strategy and goals instead.
Systems of this nature currently exist—and marketers are just starting to leverage them to transform their content strategy and overall performance.
To get you started, Content Marketing Institute and Paul Roetzer (@paulroetzer), founder of the Marketing AI Institute, created the ebook Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Content: A Guide for Marketers.
This ebook draws from the research Roetzer and the Marketing AI Institute have done on how AI can augment and enhance marketing performance. Quotations in the ebook come from Roetzer’s talks at Content Marketing World and the Intelligent Content Conference.
Don’t miss the full resource here. In the meantime, we’ve also extracted some of the top takeaways from the ebook.
3 Things to Know About AI Today
To get started with artificial intelligence, marketers need to understand its capabilities. In the ebook, Roetzer outlines three insights into the state of AI and marketing today to guide you on your path to AI enlightenment.
- AI applications for marketing are still in the early stages, requiring some guidance from humans to deliver results.
- Larger enterprises with massive amounts of data will likely see results sooner from customized solutions.
- AI technology is becoming more accessible and affordable with companies like Facebook, IBM, Google and others opening up their AI systems. However, finding the talent to build customized solutions is still a challenge.
Roetzer acknowledges the limitations of AI marketing solutions but anticipates that as the technology advances, it will become prevalent in every marketing system we use.
How to Get Started
If you take anything away from this ebook, let it be that when it comes to AI, Roetzer believes you should, “Try it” and “Don’t wait.”
He recommends content marketers get started with AI in the following ways:
- Look for manual, repetitive tasks that could be intelligently automated. These may include pulling analytics, creating content at scale or A/B testing landing pages.
- Get the most out of your data by using it to discover insights, predict outcomes and more. IBM Watson’s free analytics tool is a great way to get started.
- Stay informed on the topic—subscribe to blogs, listen to podcasts and read books, reports and articles.
Roetzer shares, “If you pick up a couple of tools and start doing some of these things, no one’s going to understand what you’re doing. It’ll be magic to people in your company. It can be your competitive advantage.”
The AI Framework for Content Marketing
The ebook dives deep into the five-point framework marketers must use to take advantage of AI today and in the future.
The 5 Ps of this framework are planning, production, personalization, promotion and performance. Tools marketers can use to execute these steps include:
- Pathmatics monitors your competitors’ digital footprint, providing you with insight to use when strategizing.
- Phrasee writes email subject lines that result in more opens, clicks and conversions than those written by humans.
- Acrolinx analyzes text for grammar, sentiment, style and tone of voice for authoring content.
- Clarifai uses image recognition to help brands streamline their visual marketing and search.
- Uberflip uses natural-language processing to extract topics from client topics and recommend content to visitors based on content they’ve already consumed.
- Albert manages and optimizes digital ad spend by making decisions that would traditionally require human reasoning.
Trust us, you don’t want to miss out on all the expert advice in this ebook. Get it here today. Or, view it below.
A Special Deal for Marketing AI Institute Readers…
Paul Roetzer and other great speakers, including Ardath Albee, Robert, Rose, and Andrew Bredenkamp, CEO of AI company Acrolinx, are coming together at this year’s Intelligent Content Conference to teach expert content strategy. Register today with the code ICC100 to get $100 off.
As Chief Content Officer, Mike Kaput uses content marketing, marketing strategy, and marketing technology to grow and scale traffic, leads, and revenue for Marketing AI Institute. Mike is the co-author of Marketing Artificial Intelligence: AI, Marketing and the Future of Business (Matt Holt Books, 2022). See Mike's full bio.